Sunday, January 4, 2009

purgo animus

For the past few years, instead of resolutions to attempt and fail during the new year, I've been giving myself a detox. You know, I've spent the whole previous year abusing the hell out of my body, and I should probably purge some of that out of my system before I abuse it some more.

It's just for a month, and in previous years, I've given up drinking and smoking for the month and taken certain supplements to help clean the system and getting running at optimum(ish) precision.

This year, for whatever reason, I decided to step it up a notch. This month, I'm giving up alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, and red meat. And I'll be taking those supplements to help cleanse the body. It should be an interesting exercise, and I'm mostly certain I'm going to end up cheating, but I like the idea of it, and let's be honest, I put myself through a hell of a lot of abuse this past fall. Depression has a way of doing that.
Nothing clinical, mind you. Just a steady grinding away by life, seeing how many times I can get knocked down before I stop climbing to my feet.

That's one thing I'm proud of, starting up the new year: I'm still standing.

1 comment :

Phoenix said...

Be safe, be well, know that I care about you and support whatever you do. With the exception of watching reality tv.